Friday, April 24, 2020

Bard Translation & Translatability Initiative, The Translation Symposium at Bard College (video conference), 24 April 2020
This was such a wonderful experience for which I am deeply grateful. I have never done a panel paper before! Here is my paper in case you are interested in reading it (it is not word-for-word what I said but is basically what I presented): “There is no native language: The perpetual question of “How would you say that?””
This made me feel so happy and enriched.

P.S. I am stodgily going with the classical rhetorical meaning of "beg the question". But I acknowledge that language morphs and expressions gain new meanings.

[I have a typo, at least one: schoolteacher is one word without a space.]

1 comment:

  1. Translation , I recall, a college professor asking a Chinese student, about a poem, can't recall the poem, but assuming it was something in the American
    Lit Canon translated from the Chinese(Mandarin?, another?) perhaps Ezra Pound? Anyway, the student suggested the flavor was different, hmmm, as in too Vanilla?

    ReplyDelete