Thursday, April 16, 2020

alone (a poem)

This is from July 2018. It has a melody too, but I don’t have that prepared:



I just want to be alone
But I don’t want to be left alone
I want someone to stay by me

I just want to see
The love that’s in your eyes
Even though I am so afraid
To look you in the face

I just want to spend some time
With someone who understands
With someone who does not judge me

I just want to know
That however I may be
You can be here
To be here for me

I want to reach out and I want you to hold me
Even though I walk away
And I put up so many walls

I just want to be alone
Yet all the while I yearn, yearn for company

I just want to be alone
But please don’t you leave me

                       * * *
If our souls know each other's soul
Then stay a while with me
And if they are strangers still
Then maybe they can meet
At some point of understanding
With an ounce of love and of compassion
                       * * *
I
Just want to be
Not alone

I just want to
Be not
Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment